Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The San Diego Yarn Crawl 2017

This past Saturday I carpooled down to the San Diego area with a couple of friends for another fun yarn crawl! We met lots of cool people who ran the shops, made the yarn, or were fellow yarn enthusiasts like us. We visited six shops total, plus the Yarnover Truck (which, as you may already have guessed, is a truck full of yarn). There were many more shops we didn't see and the yarn crawl officially ran Thursday through Sunday! Now that's a lot of yarn crawling!

There was so much beautiful yarn and fiber that I couldn't possibly buy everything I would have liked to. I did stay within my budget and get three skeins or yarn that I absolutely love!


The name of the one on the left is exactly what you would expect it to be: Neapolitan Ice Cream, by Candy Skein. It is fingering weight. The other two are Rainbow in the Dark by The Fiber Seed, DK weight.

Stay tuned to see what what these skeins turn into. Also, the Vista Fiber Fiesta is coming up in October so there is even more yarn in my future!

-Assunta

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarn! The Neapolitan looks especially yummy. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew I couldn't resist the Neapolitan as soon as I saw it. I am starting to think of project ideas :)

      Delete