Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Seeing Red- Ruby Slippers and Red Bottom Shoes!

Here they are, straight from Oz as promised...


Dorothy's ruby slippers in miniature! Glass seed beeds give them their sparkle. I just couldn't resist re-creating these iconic shoes. I know I always dreamed of having a pair when I was a child. If you would like some too, check them out in my Etsy shop!



Don't they look like the originals?


And speaking of red, I was also inspired by these oh-so-famous red soled shoes by Christian Louboutin, so I decided to make some of them too!

The originals...


My interpretation!




I've got some more shoe ideas for next week as well as some non-shoe things. Also, check back on Friday for a bonus post on one of my in-process projects! Keep dreaming and I'll see you next time! 


6 comments:

  1. How cute! These might make cute jewelry holders on a dresser. Or they're beautiful just as they are! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful idea! If you don't mind me using your idea, I might start marketing them that way.

      Love,

      Assunta

      Delete
  2. Love the Louboutins! The sparkly red shoes are great, too. Both of these creations would make charming ornaments (not just for Christmas) as well as cute jewelry holders. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply amazing Assunta! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Keep it up.

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some more ideas for next week!

      Assunta

      Delete