Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Another Desk Plant!

Remember my crochet Groot? Now he has a new friend! One of my friends saw me working on Groot and told me about this awesome pattern for the mandrake root from Harry Potter! I couldn't resist buying the pattern on Ravelry and making one. Here she is out of the pot:


And here she is in the pot. She looks a little too happy for a deadly mandrake, but I think she's adorable.


 And here's a close-up of her face:


I love making magical crochet and knit plants, and they are much easier to keep alive than most plants!

Do you have a favorite house plant?

-Assunta

8 comments:

  1. She's really cute, Assunta! Looks like you're having a lot of fun with this! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her root tendrils! I'll bet she really brightens up your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! I've never seen or heard of these before. It's really sweet!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assunta,
    Your Mandrake plant is very sweet and cute! Don't forget to wear ear protection when you take her out of her pot! Did you name her yet? How about Amanda???
    Love,
    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't named her yet but I'll consider Amanda! I better get some earmuffs to take to work with me, thanks!

      Delete