Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Geek Girl PIxel Blanket

I was starting to feel nostalgic for the pixel granny square blankets I have made. Then a friend gave me some lovely pink alpaca and cream-colored cotton yarn. I searched for a pixel image I could make with these colors and decided on this heart, just the perfect mix of geeky and girly!


I only had enough for a small blanket, so the squares are about half the size of the ones I have made before, and the blanket is only about 39'' x 41''. It's perfect for a child's blanket, though. Or for a lap blanket while watching TV or reading a good book.

Here are the two pixel blankets I have made before, in case you missed them. Each one fits a double bed:

A Mario Blanket for my sweetie pie

Link from Legend of Zelda for my little brother.

These blankets are so much fun, and making a mini version was a nice change of pace because it came together so much faster! I hope to have a pattern written for the mini blanket soon.

Sweet dreams and cozy blankets,

Assunta



6 comments:

  1. Those pixel granny square blankets are really cute. They give a contemporary spin to a crochet classic. The mini blanket is especially sweet - it would make a great Valentine Day present or decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually have a plan for it, which should be revealed soon :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! Looks like it takes a lot of patience to do. But they all look terrific!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They can take a lot of patience because each blanket is such a big project. However, I find it encouraging that they are made with a lot of small pieces, so at least each square feels like a small accomplishment :)

      Delete
  3. Assunta,

    Your little heart blanket is so cute! It reminds me of you as a little girl. I'll bet I can guess what you're going to do with this one!!!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete