Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Lace Shawl is Done!

It took me almost two months but I didn't give up this time and I'm super happy with it! I am questioning the wisdom of making it white, because now I have to be extra careful not to spill anything on it. I still think the white is very pretty, though. What do you think?

 







Now I'm thinking of making up my own shawl pattern soon, though it might be a lot simpler than this one! Here is the shawl through its progression:

It seemed like the first couple repetitions took forever...
Finally the pattern started to appear. This is at 4 repetitions.
At about 3/4 of the way done, the end was in sight!
The knitting part is finally done!
While it was blocking I had to watch it carefullly to make sure the kitty didn't try to sleep on it.

And that's what I've been doing for two months. Until next week, I'll be wishing you floaty-lace dreams, and the grace not to spill hot chocolate on them!

-Assunta

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Assunta! The white looks beautiful on you--good choice! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is beautiful, Assunta, and looks lovely on you. It'll be just the thing for a cool summer evening. If you have to sip something while wearing it, make it sparkling water - no worries about stains :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And that is a good idea, sparkling water is mostly what I drink anyway :)

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous! I love it in white! It looks like a lot of work. I'm so proud of you for getting it all done. It's beautiful
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline! It was a lot of work but totally worth it now that it's done! :)

      Delete
  4. Assunta,

    It looks like you kicked that pattern's butt back! You finished it and it turned out beautifully! You inspired me to crochet my own shawl. I can't wait to show you when it's done.

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I did kick that pattern's butt! Thank you, I can't wait to see your shawl too!

      Delete