Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Cinderella!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend and didn't have to work on Monday. (I did last year, so it was really nice to have this Labor Day off!)

I have been coming up with more ideas for little posable dolls since the two I made for the art exhibit back in June. My latest one was inspired by Disney's Cinderella, though I intentionally made her a little unique. She is crocheted with Aunt Lydia's crochet cotton and stands 7 1/2'' tall, including her hair.

My version of Cinderella

I used a different technique to make her eyes, which are very anime-inspired. I drew them on paper with ink and colored pencil, and glued them onto her face along with false eyelashes from Ulta.


I carefully shaped her hair into an updo, which took a lot of stitching! 


Tiny, blue earrings from Claire's make great doll earrings.



She even has tiny shoes and a crinoline to keep her skirt extra poofy! She's ready to dance the night away!

I hope to have a few more dolls done in time for the holidays. In the meantime, look for Cinderella in my Etsy shop! 

Hopefully now that my Cinderella doll is done, that song the mice sing in the movie while they are making her dress will get out of my head, haha.

Wishing you lots of fairytale magic,

Assunta











5 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! And I really like her eyes (and her hair). I looked up the song you mentioned on YouTube, and now it's in my head too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You should never look up a song that's already stuck in someone's head, haha. That's what happens!

      Delete
  2. How sweet and petite! Adorable work! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assunta,

    I really love your little Cinderella doll. She is just perfect! I really don't know how you find the time to make all your little creations, but keep up the good work! You clearly have a knack for it. I can't wait to see who you come up with next!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope I have some more dolls to show you soon!

      Delete