Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Rainbow Mermaid Shawl

A few weeks ago I was struck with the desire to make something rainbow-y. I found this yarn and it seemed perfect for making a light and whimsical shawl!



I used mostly the Solomon's Knot, or Lover's Knot stitch. It wound up with a diamond pattern that sort of looks like a net or rainbow fish scales. That with the long tail made it look very mermaid-like to me!

Here it is from several different views:





 



I love this yarn so much I might have to make another project with it. This one went too fast!

As a side note, I didn't make this dress (although I wish I had.) It's from Camp Hollyhock, my favorite dress designers ever!

Until next week, happy swimming!

-Assunta

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl! I like the mermaid effect too! Beautiful job! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shawl! The fringe makes it look very ethereal. I'll be curious to see what else you can dream up to make with this beautiful yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like the fringe! I almost didn't add it but now that I see the finished product I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  3. Assunta,

    Pretty shawl! I really like the colors. Pairing it with that dress gives it a real summery effect! I just finished a shawl too! Too bad I don't have a great mannequin like yours to display it on. I'm thinking about buying a decorative one just for that purpose. It'd look great at the Christmas Bazaar, don't you think?

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea, especially for the Christmas Bazaar! I am really lucky to have such a nice dress form for designing and displaying things. Your shawls are beautiful too! I can't wait to see how they look at the Bazaar.

      Delete