Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Making a "Paper" Dress

A couple months ago a friend asked me to help teach her how to sew a dress. Of course, the first step was a shopping trip to pick out the best patterns and fabric for both of our projects! After several trips walking back and forth across the store to compare different fabrics, I finally settled on this one. I love it because it reminds me of printed paper but, being cotton, makes a much better dress material than real paper would.


I used the same pattern as for my black dress (see previous blog post) but this time chose a different option for the neckline. I also opted for a simple tie belt, instead of one with a buckle. I finally finished it a couple weeks ago, just a bit too late to enter it in the fair this year. I blame the fact that my sewing machine needed an emergency room visit the weekend before fair entries were due.



This summer has been off to such a busy start already, but my friend is still working on her dress and we both have more projects in mind for the future. It's likely we will both be sewing more very soon!

Stay cool!

-Assunta

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had your sewing skills! Your dress is amazing. Love the fabric!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like the neckline variation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assunta,

    I had the pleasure of seeing you in this dress in person. It was gorgeous, and so are you!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete