Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Gem Faire and the Vista Fiber Fiesta

A few weeks ago a friend and I went to Gem Faire to look at pretty sparkly things! I got lots of nice green beads to make my beautiful mom-in-law this bracelet for her birthday. I had to wait a couple weeks to post it so I wouldn't spoil the surprise:


Then last week I went with a group of friends to the Vista Fiber Fiesta. There was so much beautiful yarn and fiber that it was hard not to buy way too much! I managed to keep my purchases down to three things.

The first is this hand-painted wool by Blarney Yarn. I bought some purple and gold wool from her last year and I just love her colors, don't you?


I also got this sock yarn by Laser Sheep. I have been looking for some rainbow yarn that isn't too loud and I think this is just perfect. The color is called Sheepicorn and it's made of wool and nylon. Laser Sheep also has lots of yarn inspired superheros and nerd culture. Very cool! 


I saved this purchase for last because it's the least brightly colored...for the moment. It's acala cotton from Brookmoore Creations and I'm going to try dyeing it with plant-based dyes like I saw in Guatemala. I don't know what colors I'm going to use yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it!


Well, that's probably all the new stuff I should buy for awhile, but at least it will keep me happy with spinning, knitting, and dyeing!

-Assunta

4 comments:

  1. Whoa Assunta! You better watch out or pretty soon people will be calling you the Crazy Yarn Lady!!! Seriously, all the things you got look really interesting. I can't wait to see what color you decide to dye your wool.

    The bracelet you made for your Mother-in-law is very pretty! I'll bet she liked it a lot!

    Love,

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have a serious problem! It's especially dangerous that I will soon have more room to store my crafting stuff too...

      Thanks, she seems to really like it!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous yarn purchases! And the bracelet is truly lovely. As the happy recipient, I must say I'm thrilled with it and I wear it as often as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like the bracelet! It was fun hanging out with you and Tom last week!

      Delete