Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy 2017!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. It's a whole new year already! I have been busy traveling and crafting for the holidays. Also, our home sale finally closed so my husband and I will now be able to put our creative energy toward fixing up the house! Here is a barage of images to show what I have been up to for the past month. I hope to resume my regularly blogging schedule starting next week. Apologies for the image quality, many of them were taken during our holiday road trip and all without the aid of my light box.

Before we left on our trip I knitted this dress for my niece for Christmas. She is about 1 1/2 years old now!

These crocheted stacking animals are also for my niece. The leaves on the palm tree took me forever! I was working on that tree for a big part of our journey north.
While visiting my husband's aunts and uncles in Sacramento we came across a shop called Rumplestiltskin. Since I love everything to do with fairytales and yarn, I just had to go inside and pick up some gorgeous wool for spinning!
While in Portland I made this baby mermaid costume as a custom order for a friend who is expecting in February!

I received a Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer amigurumi kit for Christmas.  Here's Rudolph in a hotel in Redding, on the way back to SoCal. 
Now I am working with my Sheepicorn yarn from Electric Sheep.  This is how much I had knitted at our last stop in Santa Cruz.

I hope your year is off to a wonderful and crafty start!

-Assunta

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful projects! I can especially vouch for the baby dress, since I was lucky enough to see it in person. The stacking animals are something special, too - but then, so is everything you create! Can't wait to see what you do in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maureen! I'm so glad you like what I've been making. It means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Assunta! My gosh! You've been such a busy girl and you put me to shame! I am having trouble getting started after Christmas. I did buy some new fabric to make some new bags, but I haven't started them yet! All your things are so beautiful. That niece of yours is a very lucky girl! I absolutely love that little dress and the stacking animals!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Momma Cat! I actually find I have an easier time getting started again after Christmas if I start off with a little something for myself. That is what the rainbow yarn is for, as you will soon see. Don't stress, just make what is fun for you! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete