Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Rapunzel Cowl

Some of you may remember that last year for Christmas I recieved some gorgeous merino wool from my sweet and thoughtful in-laws.


After a couple trial runs with other wools on my drop spindle, I felt comfortable trying to turn it into yarn.


I came up with a 2-ply DK weight, and the colors in the yarn reminded me a lot of Rapunzel's dress in the movie Tangled.




After several more months of thinking about what the perfect crochet or knit project for this yarn might be, I finally settled on this modern re-telling of Rapunzel's outfit: a cowl in the shape of a thick braid like the one she sometimes wears in her hair!


I chose a button with a sun-like shape because the symbol of Rapunzel's kindom in the movie is the sun.


What do you think? Is is fit for a modern Princess?

-Assunta

PS- If you would like to knit a version of this cowl, the pattern is now available in my Etsy and Ravelry shops! 

4 comments:

  1. Assunta,

    It is beautiful! You did a wonderful job with the yarn, and your pattern is amazing!

    To answer your question, it is fit for a princess. You look like a princess wearing it!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cowl is lovely - a perfect Rapunzel braid - and the colors look great on you! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete