Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The LA County Yarn Crawl

When I first got my Electric Eel Wheel (see previous post), I was having a problem with my yarn breaking as quickly as I could get it started. Fortunately, I sought help from Alexandra of Alexandra's Crafts. She was doing a spinning demonstration at Needlepoints West up in LA during the Yarn Crawl a few weekends ago. She had a similar electric spinning wheel, although it was from a different manufacturer. She was very friendly and helpful when I explained the trouble I was having and she told me to loosen my tension and try a longer stapled fiber. I did both and have been happily spinning ever since!

Alexandra also makes gorgeous yarn and fiber. I just couldn't resist picking some up! Her luxurious merino, bamboo, and silk blend is on my spinning wheel right now and I'm very happy with how it's turning out.


Here is the fiber, along with a sparkly rainbow gradient that I tried to resist and ended up going back for. It's just too pretty!


What kind of craft supplies do you find hard to resist?

-Assunta


2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time resisting anything sparkly. That's why I have so many scarves with sequins. Your new fiber is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! I feel the same about sparkly stuff!

      Delete