Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Some Wedding Designs

A lot of people dream about what their wedding will be like. Mine was last June so I got my fill of looking at wedding stuff for awhile. Still, I realized that I couldn't have a mini shoe collection without a couple pairs of bridal shoes thrown in. So, being inspired by Christian Louboutin...


I made a pair of red bottomed bridal shoes!


And a pair of the limited-addition "Tiffany blue" bottomed ones, with clear seed beads to add sparkle!


I had these little ribbon flowers left over from another project so I decided to to make a couple pairs of simple lacey bridal shoes. I made a pair in cream and a pair in white.


As usual, all of these can be found in my Etsy shop, and by custom order!

On that note, I am also taking orders for this custom cake topper. The example dolls are made to resemble me and my sweetie. I would love to make more of these for other couples in different color combinations. If you would like to order one, send me a message through this blog or my Etsy shop! I will work with you to create your own dream design!

 

And, just because we're on the subject, here are some more things I made by hand for the wedding. These aren't on Etsy, they're just for fun! (And because I didn't write a post like this after the wedding like I had planned.)

My dress


These knit gloves that I wore with the dress, until it started to get too warm out.

 

This choker to go with the whole ensemble.


Blue rose hair clips for the bridesmaids. (Okay, all I did for these was cut the heads off some artificial roses and glue them on barretts.)

These sparkling silver and blue bridesmaid purses.


Personalized labels for these perfect little blue bottles, filled with bath salts for the bridesmaids.


Blue and silver pixie dust necklaces for the bridesmaids.


Our ring box.


And the inside. I did not make the rings, just decorated the box. The inside is leftover fabric from my dress.


The "CARDS" sign for this book-shaped box.


I can't claim credit for this one, because even though I designed the prototype, my mom and mom-in-law made the 10 or 20 lanterns that ended up decorating the reception. Thanks, Moms!

Congratulations if you actually made it all the way to the end of this post. At least it was mostly pictures, right? I hope you all enjoyed this peak into a DIY wedding. Next week I will be back into my project for the Newport Beach Art Exhibit, so I'll see you then to show you how that's progressing! Until then, keep following your dreams!














4 comments:

  1. Great record of a beautiful wedding! The new designs of the sweet mini bridal shoes are a wonderful addition to the wedding collection you've created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was fun making all these things :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you showed all of these projects together. I'm not sure I saw all of these, until now. You did a beautiful job on the shoes too! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like them! I think you're right, I started to put all of the wedding stuff on LaughingCat but I don't think I eneded up getting to all of it.

      Delete