Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Newport Beach Art Exhibition Entry: Part 3

My sculpture for the Newport Beach Art Exhibition is almost done! My little doll has changed a lot since you last saw her...


She now has a face, a dress, and I even gave her toes and thumbs! I attached her to the moon with a wire that I threaded through her leg and arm. Then I poked the ends of the wire into the moon with a tiny bit of glue to help everything stay put. This worked out really well because the wire doesn't show and I didn't have to put any glue on my doll!


Here is a close-up of her face. She has an embroidered nose, fabric lips, drawn-on eyebrows, artificial eyelashes trimmed down to size, and real blush on her cheeks!


I original made her with fabric eyes, but decided I like the sleeping look better. What do you think? (This picture was taken pre-eyebrows, too.)

Now I am working on a base that will keep the sculpture standing up. By next week it should be done and I will have a new project in the beginning stages to show you. Until then, keep dreaming!







5 comments:

  1. Nice work, Assunta! I like the sleepy eyes too. Can't wait to see more. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to show you the new projects I've started! :)

      Delete
  2. I like her eyes closed, too. It looks like she's dreaming. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assunta,

    I really like the way this project is turning out. She's very ethereal looking. She could be even more so, if you added some very light gossamer fabric around her neck or something. Just a thought.

    Love,

    Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like her! And thank you for the idea, I will consider it.

      Delete