Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Welcome to November

The next couple of months are looking pretty busy with work and with making holiday gifts for family and friends! I would like to make a few new things for Etsy and keep up with this blog as well, but I have promised not to overwhelm myself with holiday stuff to the point that it isn't fun anymore. For this reason, my blog posts will probably be pretty short through the holidays, and I might even take a break altogether if I feel like I need it. Another reason is that while most of my creative efforts are going toward Christmas gifts I can't really post them online, lest the wrong person see them! 

This week I'll just show you a couple of little fun holiday decorations I have been making, and where to get the patterns for them. I apologize for the blurry cell phone pictures.


These pretty crochet snowflakes by Lion Brand are super easy to make and the pattern is free here!


And this adorable knit reindeer pattern by Linda Regel is available on Raverly for a very reasonable price!

Well, these are some of the things I have been working on. I can't wait to see what other fun ideas come up for the holidays this year! 

-Assunta




6 comments:

  1. Assunta,

    I love your reindeer ornaments! Could you make some with red designs on them. I had people ask for that at the Bazaar. I sold all the ones you sent to me.
    Your snowflake ornaments are really pretty. What did you crochet them out of ?

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I already have some red thread so I could do that easily! I don't have green but I could get some of that too if you think people would like them. The snowflakes and the reindeer ornaments are both made with Aunt Lydia's crochet thread. It's one of my current favorites because it comes in lots of pretty colors, is the perfect weight for lacy or tiny projects, and is inexpensive too!

      Delete
    2. Assunta,

      I think people would like the green too. I really think they're adorable. Do you have any other animal patterns like those?

      - Momma Cat

      Delete
    3. I don't but I could see if the designer does or if could design some!

      Delete
  2. Good idea to pace yourself through the holiday season. I have to do that all the time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The holidays are very busy, especially for us creative types :) But I think it's most important for them to be fun!

      Delete