Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Little Black Dress and Instagram

Happy 2016! Sorry for my lack of posts throughout December. Between work, preparing for the holidays, being sick for a week, and traveling, I couldn't quite pull enough energy together to write blog posts. I am happy to say that regular posts resume...now!

I've been wanting to sew a dress for awhile. I think the last one I made was my wedding dress so it's about time! I wanted to make something in a classic style and color that would work for holiday parties, a friend's wedding, and many uses to come. So I thought, what's more classic than a little black dress?

I got the pattern and some black satin-y fabric at Joann's and this is the result:


The only thing I wasn't very happy with was the belt buckle, which kept coming undone until I gave up and put the belt in my purse for the rest of the evening.

I forgot to get a good picture of myself while wearing the dress to any events so here I  am right after I finished sewing. I was too lazy to take my Cuddl Duds off before I tried it on, so that's why it appears to have sleeves.


I actually had to open up the side seems to fix the shape a bit after I thought I had finished it. See how baggy the top is in the picture below? Yikes! I almost gave up on it but luckily it didn't take too much re-shaping to fit better.


And here is my slightly better picture:


My other news is that I am now on Instagram and you can follow me there if you would like to see more pictures of projects and other fun things like beautiful places I have visited or funny cloud shapes! My username is Assuntadreamdesign.

I hope your New Year is off to a fantastic start!

-Assunta

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty LBD! It's a wardrobe staple you'll be able to use for years - and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to have a staple on can wear a lot of different places.

      Delete