Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mermaid Tail Baby Booties!


It's been a few weeks since I blogged! I have been taking a creative writing class for fun but it has been keeping me busy. The past couple of weekends have been packed as well, with work sending me to a lighting convention in San Diego, and my mom coming to visit me for my birthday. It was wonderful to see her, and we did lots of crocheting together, in addition to visiting all of my favorite places around Orange County! 

These little booties are my latest crochet project. They are made with the crocodile stitch. I like to think of it more as mermaid scales or flower petals, depending on the color of yarn. My niece turned one year old last week, so I sent these to her as part of her birthday gift. 


Some of my friends have expressed an interest in an adult version. They do look pretty comfy!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful May with lots of flowers (unless you are allergic)!

-Assunta



2 comments:

  1. Those booties are gorgeous! I can certainly see them made up for adults, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe I'll find or write a grown-up pattern someday...

      Delete