Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Vogue Knitting Live

Last weekend I drove up to Pasadena with a friend to attend Vogue Knitting Live! If you don't know what that is, it's a big fiber arts show with lots of wonderful things. One of our other friends was working there as a rep for Little Dandelion. They make big yarn and huge needles!

Here are some of the things I got:

 White Lies Designs was having 4 for the price of 3 sale on patterns. I had trouble narrowing my choices down to only 4, but these are the ones I chose.


I couldn't resist this alpaca wool by A Simpler Time Alpacas & Mill. I love how soft alpaca is, and it is my favorite shade of blue!


The book pictured below is Crocheted Abode A La Mode by Twinkie Chan. It was a prize for winning an amigurumi scavenger hunt. When my friend and I learned that there were little crocheted doughnuts hiding in some of the booths, we wasted no time hunting down two of them and winning the books. We even met the author and got her to sign them!


The pattern I'm most excited about from this book is the giant doughnut ottoman. I actually ran into it on Pinterest the other day and was seriously considering buying the book before I happened to win it. What good luck!


The last thing I got was this Bubblegum Blues yarn from Oink Pigments. I love how the colors look just like bubblegum, and I plan to use it to make the White Lies pattern at the bottom right of the image above. I think it looks like something a mermaid would wear!


Here it is, all wound up and ready to go.


The hardest thing about Monday was not being able to knit and spin all day because I had to go back to work. I hope all of you did something fun last weekend!

-Assunta

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous finds! Can't wait to see all the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I can't wait to make them!
    -Assunta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assunta,

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time and found some cool stuff! The giant doughnut ottoman is cute. I wonder if Chester will like it too?

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I wish you and Mom(2) could have been there as well! I think Chester will like the doughnut ottoman, expecially if we tell him he can't sit in it!

      Delete