Wednesday, July 20, 2016

OC Fair Results!

This past Sunday, the husband and I decided to brave the opening-weekend crowds at the Orange County Fair. We shared a funnel cake, said "hi" to all the animals, and of course stopped by the fiber arts building to see how my entries did. What I didn't do was take any pictures, so I will make sure to do that next time we go.

I was pleased to see that my crocheted rose got 2nd Place and my crocheted cactuse got 3rd! The dress I sewed got Honorable Mention, which still isn't bad, but my knit lace shawl didn't place. I was surprised because I thought it was the best thing I entered, but there were a lot of knit shawls so the competition was pretty tough.

So that I don't sign off without showing you something pretty this week, here is my latest Tour de Fleece progress:


The Tour officially concludes on the 24th, but spinning updates will continue until this yarn is done. There's still a lot of fiber left in the bag!

-Assunta


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You did fantastic, especially considering the competition in the LA area. I especially liked your crocheted rose, so I'm glad the judges did, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really glad you like the rose, I want to keep making more crocheted flowers! There were a lot of awesome entries at the fair, so I'm really happy that some of my stuff was chosen.

      Delete
  2. Assunta,

    Congratulations on your winnings at the fair. Having seen most of your entries in person, I know how awesome they were1

    I really love the color of your new yarn! What are you going to make with it?

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know what I'm going to make with it yet, but I'm trying to think of something maybe fairtytale or fantasy related since that was the theme of my Tour de Fleece group :)

      Delete