Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Tour de Fleece Day 10 and a Cactus Pattern


Yesterday was Day 10 of Tour de Fleece and my yarn has come quite a long way since you saw it last week! In fact, I now have 126 yards of 2-ply purple goodness soaking and almost ready to knit!


This is after spinning all of the wool into a single strand of yarn.


And this is after plying it all.


Here it is stretched out on the niddy-noddy my friend Jill made for me out of PVC. That's right, I have a noddy-noddy now!


Now it's soaking to help set the color and the twist. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Also, for anyone interested in crocheting their own potted cactus, my pattern is now available on Etsy and Ravelry for $5.


Just keep spinning!

-Assunta




4 comments:

  1. Assunta,

    You are so amazing! Now you have a niddy-noddy, nobody can stop you! What are you going to make with it?

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the niddy-noddy makes everything better! I'm not sure, I need to start looking up patterns for all of the new yarn I've been spinning.

      Delete
  2. The wool you spun is so beautiful, Assunta. I think you've earned a gold medal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I couldn't have done it without the beautiful wool you bought me for Christmas! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

      Delete