Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Busy Weekend

This past weekend was fun but busy, with lots of painting and crafting!

First things first: the sun finally came out again and I was able to take a picture with my rainbow sweater!

Next, here are some pictures from painting this weekend. I still haven't found my good camera in our moving boxes or figured out if I can take a wide-angle picture with my cell phone, but you can at least see that our bedroom walls are now a cool gray with white trim, as opposed to many different pastel colors with hunter green trim. I'm so happy with how much better they look, and we're almost ready for new carpet! We also hired someone to scrape the popcorn ceiling a couple weeks ago, and that was also a huge improvement.

Master bedroom after:


Guest bedroom after:


Closet and bedroom doors to hallway:


Master bedroom before:


Guest bedroom before:


Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do? 

And, just because I thought it was pretty, here is a picture from Newport Beach on Sunday night. We made it down their for a quick walk right after sunset.


I hope you had a great weekend too!

Assunta


4 comments:

  1. Assunta,

    Wow! What a beautiful sweater! You look wonderful in it too! I'm glad it's sunny again, maybe you can pass some of it up to us!
    The new colors in your bedrooms are very nice and soothing. The colors in the before pictures were truly awful! No wonder you were eager to change them!
    I love your sunset photo! So beautiful! I'm glad you had the chance to go to the beach for awhile. Love you!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great improvements! Yes, it is amazing what a little paint can do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see what it looks like with new carpet!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the move! I hope this will be a very happy place for you guys. The work you've done is marvelous. It looks so much better! This place needed you! The sweater is also amazing. I don't know how you found the time to do it. Keep up the excellent work. Looks great!!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete