Saturday, February 18, 2017

Edison Bulb Jewelry!


This is what you get when a lighting designer makes jewelry...or when a crafter works with light fixtures all day. When I found these tiny glass bottles, they reminded me of perfect little Edison lamps. All they needed was a filament, a metallic base, and a chain or ear wire to display them properly. I gave them all those things and I love the way they turned out! 


Everything you see here is now in my Etsy shop, except for the round earrings on the right. My mom ordered those as soon as she saw them. I plan to make more soon, so don't despair if those were the ones you wanted too. All of the metal is hypoallergenic: the necklace chains are sterling silver and the ear wires are surgical steel. 

Happy weekend!

Assunta

4 comments:

  1. Your Edison bulb jewelry is cute and ingenious. It's the perfect blend of your professional interests and your artistic inclinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! I hope you are enjoying your necklace!

      Delete
  2. Assunta,

    I have gotten so many compliments on my earrings! Yesterday a little girl saw mine when I was at work! She was so enthralled, she walked out of the store backward, all the while asking me questions about the earrings and how you made them! Many other people have enjoyed them too! Keep up the good work!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear your earrings have delighted so many people, and I'm especially glad that you like them!

      Delete