Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My 1st Sculpture for the Newport Beach Art Exhibition is Done!

Thank you all for staying with me during all the weeks of watching this project slowly take form. Well, I hope you think it has paid off, because my crochet and papier-mâché sculpture is finally finished!


And a back view...


I have decided to try and do a second sculpture before the deadline in May, so I'll be showing you updates on that very soon! I'll let you know how both sculptures do at the exhibition, too. Keep following your dreams until next week!

6 comments:

  1. Love the base you made--it really shows off the other parts and ties everything together in a grounded way. Looking forward to seeing the next project too! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was tricky to come up with an idea for a base that would complement the rest of the sculpture. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. It's absolutely beautiful, Assunta! I love the starry base and the blue background. The whole sculpture has the air of a dreamer having a beautiful dream. I can't wait to see you develop your next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad you like it! I just happened to have the blue fabric left over and it worked out well!

      Delete
  3. Your sculpture turned out beautifully Assunta! Have you chosen a name for it? I hope you win a prize for it!

    Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some ideas in mind for a name but I want to see how the second piece turns out and maybe give them names that go together. I will announce them before the exhibition!

      Delete