Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lovely Turquoise Roses

I chose the blue rose as a symbol for my blog and Etsy shop because it struck me as the perfect symbol of imagination and dreams: something beatutiful that has not yet been made a reality. It was likely the same line of thought that made it impossible for me to resist these turquiose rose beads when I came across them at Joann's!


I made this necklace and earrings set with the advice of some crafty friends who liked the contrast between the soft turquoise color of the roses and the more industrial-looking dark metal chain and ear wires, and helped me choose that color combination.


The metal I used for this set is black nickel. If I were going to make it for someone with sensitive ears I would use sterling silver, which would still be beautiful, but not as dark.


I chose a simple, elegant clasp.


A couple weeks ago I tried to learn the art of wire wrapping with some friends. My first attempts were not as successful as I would have liked, but I plan to keep trying, so maybe we will be seeing a ring to go with this set soon! 

If you could make an make an imaginary plant a reality, what would it be? I'll be dreaming of blue and turquoise roses until next week!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the combination! I have plans to someday make some miniature needle felted and Fimo cactus. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds super cute! They would make a perfect office plant that you don't have to remember to water :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely earring and necklace set, Assunta! I like your choice of dark metal with the turquoise - it looks sophisticated. I love flower jewelry - I remember a pair of tiny daisy stud earrings I had when I was in college. Flowers are especially fun to wear,I think, during the springtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, flower jewerlry is such a fun way to welcome spring!

      Delete
  3. I love turquoise! I could go for a turquoise peony too. Your jewelry is very pretty! Great choice on the colors.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I'm glad you like the jewelry! :)
      Assunta

      Delete