Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sculpture 2: Part 1

My next sculpture for the Newport Beach Art Exhibition has begun! For this one I have decided to make a boy doll, and he is going to be sitting on top of a house. Everything is still pretty much in "sneak-preview" mode right now.


Here is my doll so far. I still have a lot of crocheting to do, his arms and legs don't even have any skin yet!


This is what he looked like last week, just a head and skeleton.


I made the house out of a couple styrofoam pieces...


...then added a layer of paper maché.


This is what happened when I ran out of paper and switched to the newspaper adds. Don't worry, everything will look better with paint!

I'm excited to see how this new sculpture turns out. If you are too, keep checking back next Wednesday. And don't forget to keep following your own creative dreams!


6 comments:

  1. Looks to be another fantastic project! Can't wait to see more! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made some good progress on my doll last night at my crafting meet up. I am excited to show off how much more complete he looks is starting to look!

      Assunta

      Assunta

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the sneak preview, Assunta. I really enjoy seeing your creative process. I'll look forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know people like seeing in progress! I always used think something had to be finished before it was ready to show off. Sometimes, though, it's fun to watch things take shape!

      Assunta

      Delete
  3. Assunta,

    I'm sure your boy doll will be every bit as cute a the girl doll is! I can't wait to see it finished!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think he is turning out to be pretty cute so far! He now has part of a leg and one little knobby knee. Hopefully he will have both legs by next Wednesday!

      Assunta

      Delete