Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Second Sculpture is Done!


 Finally! And with just over a week to spare. My boy has clothes now, and I finished off his house with a door and some windows made out of foam, and some free-form crochet flowers in the window boxes. The boy took one look at it and decided to take  nap on the roof!



This is meant to be another dream sequence, like the first sculpture, so that's why the boy and the house don't look to scale with each other. In a dream you can walk out of your house and suddenly be tall enough to reach the roof!


Here he is from a few different angles.


In the next day or so I will be filling out my application for the art exhibition and deciding how to price my two sculptures. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes. Now that these are done it's time to start dreaming of a new fun project! See you next week!









6 comments:

  1. Nice work! Good luck at the exhibition and sale. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's going to be hard to wait until June 13th to see how it all goes!

      Delete
  2. Assunta,

    I have dreams like that! They scare the heck out of me!
    Your boy doesn't look scared though, he looks completely relaxed. He's great! You did a wonderful job. I hope you win big ! Lots of love.

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In this case I intended the dream to be surreal but peaceful, not scary. Thanks for the good luck wishes!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Assunta! I love all the details, like the roof tiles. Your boy looks like he's having a wonderful dream.

    ReplyDelete