Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sculpture 2: Part 4- Arms, Face, and Hair

My boy doll is coming right along! This week he finally has arms, hair, and a face! I even added toes and thumbs. 

 I made his face in pretty much the same way as the girl doll but his eyebrows and nose are just a tiny bit bigger. I decided to draw his mouth on because I was having trouble making fabric lips that weren't either too bright or completely invisible. I think I might make him some ears, too, but haven't decided how to do those yet.


Now all that's left is to give him some clothes and finish the sculpture base. The deadline for the Newport Beach Art Exhibition is at the end of the month, so I better hurry up! 

Keep following your dreams!

4 comments:

  1. I love his face, Assunta! He's going to be a great companion for your dream girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are actually going to be part of separate sculptures, though :)

      Delete
  2. He's great Assunta! I love his crazy hair! Can't wait to see your finished project.

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to try and have at least the doll done by Wednesday, and maybe the whole sculpture.

      Delete