Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lots of sparkle...

A couple weekends ago, one of my friends hosted a lunch-and-learn on how to make beaded bracelets. It was a lot of fun and much easier than wire-wrapped rings! Here is the one I made with glass and Swarovski crystal beads: 


I really enjoyed making it and I had a lot of beads left over, so I decided to make another one with the colors inverted:



Earlier that weekend, I was in a costume jewelry store in LA looking for beads for said lunch-and-learn, and happened upon an aisle full of tiny tiaras! I've seen these kinds of tiaras before, but this shop had the best selection I've ever seen! They are just perfect for making princess or queen dolls. I bought my two favorite ones:




And some sparkly hairpins for me:


I can't wait to show you the dolls I'm planning with the tiaras. I hope they are as cute in real life as in my imagination. Until then, may your dreams be full of sparkle!

-Assunta

PS- I haven't given up on that shawl I showed you a few weeks ago, it's just not moving fast enough to get its own blog post. Here is what it looks like at the moment:



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bracelets! Those tiaras are really fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the dolls you make with them. Your shawl is coming along beautifully! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assunta,

    I really like your bracelets. They turned out very nicely.
    The doll tiaras are priceless. I can't believe they had a whole aisle of them! I wish I had been there to see them with you.

    Your shawl is looking good! I am looking for a shawl/stole pattern for some very expensive yarn I bought at Yarntastic. I think I found a couple that will work.

    Keep up all the good work.

    Love,

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You just need to come visit and then we can go look at tiaras together. That's awesome, I can't wait to see what you come up with for your shawl/stole! What kind of yarn is it?

      Delete
  3. The bracelets are so pretty, Assunta! And I love the sparkly tiaras as well. Looks like you found a great source of inspiration in that shop. I can't wait to see the lucky dolls you create that get to wear the tiaras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bracelet is gorgeous! Love the turquoise color. The tiaras are precious. I see why you couldn't pass them up. I also love your hair pins. And the shawl looks amazing.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete