Friday, August 21, 2015

My New Office Plant

Look who is coming with me to work! I wanted a cool office plant that I don't have to water so I crocheted myself a Groot. I've been wanting one since I made my little brother one for Christmas. He even dances (or wobbles back and forth when you pick up his flower pot)! 

Here he is on the couch before work...
...Here he is at the office...
...and here is the inspiration.



He's so cute he puts a smile on my face every time I see him on my desk. I even got lots of compliments on him at work yesterday!

One of my crafting friends also showed me this knit pattern for the mandrake root from Harry Potter, It is so cool I might have to make one of them for my desk too.


So cool, right?

I mean, who wouldn't want one of these?

But seriously, I want one. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week full of all your favorite plants, both ordinary and magical!

-Assunta

PS- Sorry for the late post. I'm still trying to update every Wednesday but some weeks I may just run out of time or not have much to talk about. I'll keep you updated, though!
























6 comments:

  1. Cool plants! I hope you make the second one too! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I will but I have a couple other projects in my queue to finish first!

      Delete
  2. Assunta,

    I love the baby Groot! I'm sure you got a lot of compliments because he's adorbs! I think you should make a Mandrake too! Who knows, maybe you can make a few to sell?
    Is the reason you're making crocheted plants for your office because you don't have a window? If so, that's a good way to keep your space lively and happy! Maybe you could have a picture of a window with beautiful scenery in it hung up on your wall too!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Actually, I don't have a window right next to my desk but there are enough windows nearby to keep the space cheerful (plus the interior lighting is very well done). I just wanted to personalize my space with some cute and fun things. A lot of my coworkers have their desks nicely decorated so I was inspired. Right now I have Groot, a picture of Adam, and a light-up letter "A". (I stole this idea from a couple other girls who had their initials in lights already.)

      Delete
  3. Your Groot is darling! His tin flower pot is the perfect touch. I hope you do make the mandrake root as a companion for Groot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I probably will make the mandrake soon. I have a couple other projects lined up already but I might just have to push the mandrake up to the front :) I really like the way the pot looks too, and it was only 79 cents at IKEA!

      Delete