Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Princess Leia Baby Hat

Okay, I admit I'm on a Star Wars kick. Crafting and nerd culture just go so perfectly together and there are so many cool Start Wars patterns! I love this "Space Princess" hat pattern that I found for free on Ravelry. It was super easy and looks great! And, perhaps best of all, it called for the kind of yarn that I already had on hand (not that the designer could have known that, haha).

I made the baby size for my little neice, but the pattern has directions for sizes all the way up to adult!  I just might have to make one for myself too...

Virginia, my 18-inch doll, is modeling the hat. It's really too big for her, though!
The pattern is here if you want to try it. Again, it's free, and I really can't recommend it enough. If you've ever wanted your own Princess Leia hair, this is a great way to do it! Especially if, like me, your hair isn't long enough for it otherwise!

This is the hat on the end of my arm, not someone with a long, skinny neck!
Happy space travels,

Assunta




3 comments:

  1. What a great hat! It's not only adorable, but it looks warm, too. It's a baby hat that both the baby and her parents will love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Assunta, you've done it again!!! It's very cute and I'm sure Mary will love it! You should make another one for Virginia and a costume too! What do you think?

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete