Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My 1st Project of 2016 is done!

And now you will see why I needed all of this cuddly Hometown USA yarn!


I saw this pattern for a men's knit jacket in a book called "Classic Knits" and immediately wanted to make it. When my mom asked me what I would like for Christmas I thought of this yarn. It took almost 13 skeins to make the jacket but it was worth it for how cute my husband looks in it! I even have a few skeins left, enough for some cozy socks!


When I realized how thick the fabric was I was worried he wouldn't be able to wear it. Luckily, it's been getting down to the mid-30s in the mornings and evenings in the last few days since I finished it. Talk about good timing. Now I'm ready for the weather to get warm again!


Hope you are staying warm this winter!

-Assunta


4 comments:

  1. Awesome job! That looks like a complicated pattern. You are a master!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater - that cable stitch is a real classic. Look warm, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assunta,

    The sweater is beautiful and so is your husband! I'm glad Daddy Cat and I were able to help finance this project and that you have some yarn to spare!!! Love you!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add that, no, we are not keeping warm this winter!! But hopefully spring is just around the corner!

    Love,

    - Momma cat

    ReplyDelete